HOW TO JOIN US...
1. Complete a Newcomers' Ride.
2. Register online afterwards (subject to approval).
3. Payment will be taken by Direct Debit (once your approval has been confirmed).
WHAT IT COSTS...
• £70 (on joining) / £60 (at renewal) per year for Senior members.
• £25 per year for Youth & Juniors, Student and Distant members.
• You must wear club kit on our rides, so you'll also need at least a jersey (£53-£59) or gilet (£69).
THE NITTY GRITTY...
1. COMPLETE A NEWCOMERS' RIDE
To ensure every new member is (a) aware of what they will get from the club and what the club expects from them, and (b) a competent group rider with the right equipment.
Only those holding a British Cycling 3rd category or better racing licence may be exempted (if this applies to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Under 18s cannot join the club via this route and should instead contact email@example.com about a separate juniors' induction process. Also, see the Juniors section of our website.
We cannot and do not organise individual assessments.
To enquire about a newcomers ride email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our Newcomers' ride checklist below:
• You will need to be a safe and reasonably experienced cyclist who is confident riding in close proximity to others.
• You will need a road bike with clipless pedals (no hybrids, no mountain bikes and no tri-bars) and a helmet.
• You will need to be able to fix a puncture by the side of the road.
• You will need to be able to reach for a water bottle, drink from it and put it back while not looking at it.
• You will need to have completed a 30 mile non-stop ride in a group
• You will need to be comfortable riding in a group of riders in wet conditions
• If we think that you are not fit enough to keep up with our group rides, you may be asked to train further before attending another Newcomers' Ride. Please do not be offended if this happens as it is done to ensure you can ride with the Club should you join.
• Age or infirmity may mean you are slower than you'd like to be (despite being fit). If this could be you please get in touch via email@example.com to discuss an assessment.
For more detailed information about the Saturday Park Ride, please select Our Rides from the menu.
2. REGISTER ONLINE
Our Helping Out Programme...
London Dynamo is run entirely by volunteers and is committed to organising its own races and events as well as helping out at others through its Helping Out Programme. All members are obliged to lend a hand. There are a range of options, and it typically involves between one and four occasions per year. Alternatively, a limited number of pricier Non-Helping Out Memberships are available on a first come - first served basis, which removes this obligation.
Following the above process of approval and verification by our Membership Secretary, click the button below to start your membership registration.
• Emails from our membership email address are sometimes incorrectly identified as junk. If you do not receive our email, please check your junk folder.
• The approval process is NOT automatic and, depending on the other commitments of our volunteer Membership Secretary, may take 48 hours or longer.
3. REDUCED RATE MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
A reduced rate of membership is offered to members who fall into one of the following categories:
• Youth & Juniors: members aged from 8-18.
• Student: members under 23 or in full-time education.
• Distant: members who live outside a 25 km radius of Hampton Court Bridge and who only occasionally ride with the club.
Once you have been approved by our Membership Secretary, your first Direct Debit payment will be taken. If you did not set up a Direct Debit mandate during registration, you will be invited to do so now, and your membership is not valid until the mandate is in place. Membership runs for 12 months from the the date on which you are approved, or the date on which your DD mandate is in place if you did not create it when you signed up.